08 July 2010

Summer Daze


It's a glorious summer day thus far.  I was up before the rest of the household so I set about in the garden deadheading this, checking the growth of that.  A few days ago something chewed off the one strong vine of a recently moved clematis!  Well, not so recent but this May anyway.  The poor thing.  I fertilized yesterday, happy to see many little sprouts pushing their way up through the clay soil. 

The peonies are pretty much finished and the iris too.  The Morden Blush rose bush is taking a bit of a rest.  It has blooms yes, but after deadheading, only a few left for the moment.  From here it will likely bloom sporadically but I love it just the same.  I fell in love with it at the garden centre years ago.  The delicate buds with baby pink that open to small full blooms.  Clusters of them.  It speaks of romance.

Topped up the garden pond yesterday and the fountain too.  Need to do some weeding today before it is too hot. So I'd best get on with it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...