25 October 2010

All Hallow's Eve Decor

Decorating for Halloween can be a fun event, particularly with young children in the house...



Now we are all mostly young at heart...
This mummied character to the left actually has a place on top of his head to hold treats.

The witch was purchased at a local grocery store, believe it or not.
This jack o lantern, when switched on, emits eerie Halloween sounds and its eyes flash.  A fun little item purchased from "The Nut Man".  He would come around to the businesses in our area selling his wares which included candy, sesame snacks, and fun seasonal items.


My now empty cornucopia to the right.  I still like how it looks so I will keep it here for a bit yet.  A geranium sits as centerpiece on the dining table.  It will be inside again this winter and hopefully I will be able to keep it looking this good until spring.  Last winter it got very spindly so I cut it back in the spring, rooted the cuttings and now it is full.  You should see it in bloom!  I posted photos earlier this year for Fertilizer Friday. I use seaweed fertilizer which it absolutely loves!
This last witch was purchased from the Nut Man too.  This one is soft and plush and not at all frightening in appearance which is why I like her.  I am not into the scary Halloween decorations. 

I like pumpkins, black cats, scarecrows and such.  How do you decorate for Halloween?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween and I do decorate. love the colors, festivity, and joy Halloween brings.

Karen said...

Hi Shirley, I sure don't decorate for Halloween anywhere near as well as you do! I love the cute witches and the black cat, the mummy and the jack o'lantern. You're all ready for the season!

EG CameraGirl said...

I agree! I'm young at heart! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...