26 November 2010

Weekend Reflections

If I could I would have fresh flowers on my table every day.  This photo, from my archives, was taken this spring during peony flowering season, end of May or beginning of June.  This is one of my favourite peonies, Festiva Maxima.  It blooms a bit later than Karl Rosenfeld or Bowl of Beauty but not by much and its flowers last well into June.  They are pleasantly fragrant white blooms with a splash of red on a few petals near the center of the blossom, giving the appearance of an artist's splash from a paintbrush. 

In some areas of the world, (though not here in Edmonton, perhaps in zone 5 and up) you may still be able to purchase your peony roots for immediate planting to get spring blooms.  Click here for more photos of some of my favourite peonies in my garden.

Reflections come in many forms.  Visit Weekend Reflections for more.

11 comments:

'Tsuki said...

Very cosy...

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous flowers and a terrific capture for the day! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Lona said...

I do not have a Festiva Maxima peony but I have seen them on the blogs and think they are so beautiful. I love the white bloom with the touch of red. It makes a beautiful bouquet.

Springman said...

Oh my, I am a pionie freak! I inherited a 30 foot bed of pionies at the house I bought 5 years ago! Why is it everytime these incredible flowers peak we have a thunderstorm that whacks 'em down? And how fun is it to teach a kid how to put a pionie petal over the end of their open fist and POP it with their other hand!

Rambling Woods said...

Different kinds...how could that have not occurred to me..I will have to take photos of my one bush next season...I do love them....

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable flowers and delicate reflections in your post today!
Beautiful!
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

joo said...

I'm the same, simply love having fresh flowers at home, and peonies are special for me!
Beautiful photo!
Have a great weekend:)

Al said...

Those are pretty flowers. I try to make sure my wife has fresh flowers, but not as often as I should!

Karen said...

Beautiful bouquet--I love Festiva Maxima. The red flecks amongst the silky white petals are so gorgeous and their fragrance is captivating. Thank you for this most pleasant memory.

Linda said...

lovely blooms, thank goodness for digital photos so that we can enjoy the blooms all year round

James said...

What a nice looking table and a great reflection. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...