28 February 2011

Stephen Westcott Gratton on His Favourite Garden Writers

Stephen Westcott Gratton is rather well-known in the horticulture circles.  He is a horticulturist, gardening expert, has authored three books the first of which is "Creating a Cottage Garden in Canada", a regular contributor to Canadian Gardening Magazine and  a tv host having appeared on HGTV with Flower Power among other gardening programs.

I enjoy reading Canadian Gardening magazine and have found his articles well-informed and educational to me.  As a subscriber to the online newsletter put out by Canadian Gardening, I found an article by Stephen Westcott Gratton about his favourite garden writers.  While I would have loved to have simply chosen the button to "blog this", it wasn't available.  I did tweet it.  This is the next best thing.  Blogging about his article, I guess.  

Stephen's top 10 garden writers:


-E. A. Bowles (1865-1954)
-Nan Fairbrother (1913-1971)
-Margery Fish (1892-1969)
-Miles Hadfield (1903-1982)
-Gertrude Jekyll (1843-1932)
-Beverley Nichols (1898-1983)
-Vita Sackville-West (1892-1962)
-Lady Anne Scott-James (1913-2009)
-Sir Sacheverell Sitwell (1897-1988)
-Sir Roy Strong (b. 1935)


Check out the article
Stephen's Favourite Garden Writers


Who are your favourite garden writers?  A couple of my favourites are Lois Hole and David Tarrant.  I have a confesstion.  The only one from Stephen's list that I have heard of is Gertrude Jekyll.  How about you? 

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I haven't heard of Stephen but will look him up online. I love that my local library will order in books from all over Alberta. My favorite author is Lois Hole and though I refer often to her books, I especially enjoyed "I'll Never Marry a Farmer!" Keep Warm!

Anonymous said...

This is really attention-grabbing, You're a very professional blogger. I've joined your
feed and sit up for in quest of extra of your magnificent
post. Additionally, I've shared your website in my social networks
Here is my web blog - my article tools

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...