08 May 2012

Knock-out Plants, Foliar Delights, Fun Names to Say and Some Behind the Scene Peeks


Ahh, yes.  Here we are at the Enjoy Centre.  The sweet scent of the greenhouse permeates the air as we meander through the aisles.  Every sense is on full alert.  The sights, the aromas, the soft humidity lingering in the air.....  And mingled in with that is the faint trace of baked bread scent in the air.  Tomorrow, I will show you the bakery with loaves so enormous you could have a cocktail party and have leftovers!


The sight of the intertwined trunks of these two trees drew me near.  
I've always had a penchant for the out-of-the-ordinary, especially in the garden.



When you visit the Enjoy Centre, and take a walk through Holes, be sure to take advantage of the public viewing area of the growing greenhouses.  
They are roped off, but you have a terrific view of the behind the scenes regardless.


What is so unique and mesmerizing is the watering system for the hanging baskets.  I am told the watering station is to the left in the photo, and the baskets are slowly conveyed along a track through the watering station.  It is something you just have to see.



Above is a close-up of the hanging strawberry planters.  
They too are watered using the same method as the previously shown flowering hanging baskets.


Are you ready for some foliar delight?  I can't decide which one(s) I want.  What would you choose?



I love the arrow shape of the foliage of these two 
Alocasia.  We found many "architectural" plants in this area that had me yearning to take them home.


 


Above, the houseplant greenhouse which we could view from the annual greenhouse.



If only I had the room!


Even when the leaf is dying, the Banana Maurelii is attractive with shades of red, yellow, bronze on the perimeter of the foliage.  I love that the underside of the leaves is wine/burgundy!  My favourite colours!



Wow!  I mean WOW!  This is a stunner!  A knock-out plant like this is perfect as the focal point, 
whether it be near the front door or to accent a feature in your garden,
 this Acalypha wilkesciana would be amazing!




Say this name a few times and you'll find yourself trying out other accents to accompany it!  It's catchy!  Consider yourself warned!  Both K and I had a few moments of fun with this one!


Some of the tomato plants already have fruit!  This year I am trying the yellow cherry tomatoes.  I forget their name at the moment, but I am definitely going back for them!  They are sweet and divine in salads and vegetable platters, or just for a snack.  K swears by them so of course I have to try them!!!

Until next time, when we visit the perennials, trees and shrubs area, 
take care and happy garden dreaming!

PS, despite my obvious love for all I have posted here, I am not in employ by the Enjoy Centre nor Holes.  I just love to showcase that which I enjoy, knowing you will love it too!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much.

I hope to give something back and help others
like you aided me.
Have a look at my page ... click here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...