03 July 2013

The Philosophy of the Traditional Japanese Garden

I still recall my first visit to the Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden in Lethbridge.  I was but a child and it impacted me then.  Perhaps that's when my love of gardening began or, more likely, I inherited it.  Whatever the root, I have always loved the form of a Japanese Garden.  The elements of earth that are recreated there and the simple peace of the garden just make me go "ahhhhh."  

Today I am sharing with you a video I just found about the philosophy of a traditional Japanese garden.  I enjoyed revisiting those elements that endear this design to me and hope you will too.

1 comment:

EG CameraGirl said...

Thank you for sharing this video. I love the beauty of open space but I fear most of us here in North America value the acquisition of stuff too much, I wish my gardens were as beautiful as a Japanese one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...