21 June 2014

Celebrating the Summer Solstice


I love Fridays because that is the last day of the work week, typically.  Yesterday was particularly wonderful because at 5 am it was atmospherically foggy.  It makes me want to write some mystery/thriller scene set on a foggy morning or evening. Oooh.  Urban legends, anyone?

Today is the summer solstice, YAY, and though it is scheduled to be 22 - 23 degrees Celsius, it is very windy and slightly overcast here.  Still nice, though. Over the last few days I've taken the odd snapshot of what's blooming in my yard and my son sent me a couple as well that I've included.





Bachelor Button photo courtesy my son T.



Poppy photo courtesy my son, T.


I came across this You Tube video on the blog Smitten by Britain (which I am, though I've never been!) and wanted to share it with you.  It's very short with a quaint little ditty by Jimmie Rogers in 1962.  Bucket List Item that will always be at the top of the list:  visit the British Isles!!!  In the meantime, I really enjoyed seeing these snapshots of English country gardens.  Enjoy and Happy Summer everyone!!!



Jimmie Rogers:  English Country Garden

3 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Your flowers are so pretty and I must agree about writing a mystery when it's foggy! I never considered what England had to offer until I moved to New Zealand, married an Englishman and started taking photos. Now I want to go see every castle and everything in between!

LOLfromPasa said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my Coventry blog. Love your photos here.

Alexa T said...

Beautiful post and so lovely blooms!! Have a happy summer! (it looks that it is just around the corner... ;) All the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...