09 July 2017

Rose Delights

“It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” 



As June drew to a close, the roses became the star of the show amongst the shrubs at the greenhouse and in the city, roses blossomed eagerly. The following collages are a mix of both locations where roses stole the spotlight.  





“I feel as if I had opened a book and found roses of yesterday sweet and fragrant, between its leaves.” 

This post is in honour of my mom who taught me the love of gardening and especially the beauty beyond the thorns.  Today her garden has a dedicated rose bed that fails to contain her enthusiasm for this magnificent shrub, nor mine as I love to add to her collection.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...